Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moc is offline

Default Barn Neutral Saga Continues (Was Bizarre Electrical)

On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 16:56:06 -0600, dpb wrote:

There is a problem in the neutral, granted. It's still possible it's
the other end connection at the pole altho it seems peculiar with the
multiple ties at that point only one of the multiples would be bad but
it's possible.

It's MORE than Possible! I've seen those multiple wire connections where
one of the wires is not well into the clamp (split bolt), or one cable
corroded or burnt off and you cant see it under all the tape. I actually
saw at a farm with multiple barns, where all the barns connected to one
pole, and the barns were running too many livestock fans and other stuff
on a very hot day, when all of a sudden there was a shower of sparks
falling from that pole, and one of the barns lost power while the others
still had power. I dont know if it was a hot or a neutral, but one of
the connections fried. An electrician was called.