Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Barn Neutral Saga Continues (Was Bizarre Electrical)

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 7:26:39 PM UTC-5, Mr.E wrote:
On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 18:08:10 -0600, dpb wrote:

On 11/04/2015 5:38 PM, tony944 wrote:
Didn't you said in one posting that if you put probe on tank and other
on some kind pipe next to it that it seem to show some Voltage ...

Nope....that was some other thread entirely.

Try using a drill or other substantial load on each 120 volt side while
monitoring the voltage on the other side to points from the neutral wire
into the panel forward along the neutral path.
No voltage change ( or very little change ) on good neutral points. Bad
neutral point should show change with load on other side.
--
Mr.E

That's similar to what I suggested in my first post. A heater would be
a good choice for a load. I suggested just looking at voltage from hots
to neutral along the path back. At the beginning it's ~120V. At the
end it will be substantially less. Follow it back and see where it goes
wrong.