Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Fifteen years, and two hours

On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 19:20:05 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Can you turn power off and measure the resistance of the contacts when held gently and then forcefully closed??? The resistance should be a fraction of an ohm, essentially the same value as when the two probes of your ohmmeter/voltmeter are touching each other directly.

Good idea. The thermostat is in a location I've made inaccessible.
I've hired Lewis and Clark, and Admiral Byrd, to make a path to it.

And as soon as I get there, 2 or 3 days**, I'll do just what you say.

**Admiral Byrd is still in the South Pole (or the North Pole, I can
never remember) and he's trapped by a giant flock of penguins, and he
says it will take him a couple days to get here. Lewis and Clark say
that Sakajaweia (sp?) is pregnant again and they both refuse to leave
her.