Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How To Fill In Area Between Asphalt Driveway And Paver Pad?

On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 2:46:04 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
What product should be used to fill in an odd shaped area between an asphalt
driveway and a paver pad?

A picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll only use a hundred or so in
this post.

Note the area designated as needing to be filled in. It's a 1' x 10'
ragged-on-one-side, straight on the other, tapered wedge.

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/q...psrztpjaau.jpg

The paver pad is there to provide a clean, solid area for people to use
when getting in and out of a vehicle. The tapered dirt area grows grass
and weeds, gets muddy, etc. It's easy enough to step over but it looks
like crap and it's hard to keep neat.

The problem is that the edge of the driveway is not parallel with the
pavers, nor is it even straight. I would prefer to "straighten" the edge
of the driveway to meet the pavers as opposed to cutting the pavers to
fit in the wedge.

Will this type of product work, considering that one side of the area is
asphalt and the other is 2" thick stamped-concrete block pavers?

http://www.amazon.com/Roklin-Flomix-.../dp/B005CRKR54

Thanks for any suggestions.

How far from straight is the driveway edge? My first thought would be
to cut it straight. I was looking at doing similar to install a drain
for the driveway. Never got around to doing it, but the plan was to
use one of those cutting disk wheels for a circular saw, together with
a 6 x 6 or whatever, weighted down as a straight edge. IDK if that will
cut it, but I was going to try. For sure you can rent a power saw to
cut it. Then you have a clean line and don't need anything but a little
sand or rock dust between the pavers and driveway. I would think any
kind of filler is going to look like hell.