Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default JR611 SOIC-8 in bicycle lamp.

"N_Cook" wrote in message
On 04/11/2015 18:36, Ian Field wrote:
Its a long shot, as its probably a house coded part.

Its a Crivit Sport LED bicycle lamp from the Lidl discount store.

Originally it was the LED that went intermittent, but when a second unit
died I decided I could spare one to experiment on.

Suitable LED parts are on order from Ebay, but I thought I'd have a go
at upgrading it with a switch mode current control. The circuit is
ready, but I need to identify the "glue logic" type stuff on the PCB.

The on/off button is a simple pushbutton, the latching is done
electronically. It also has a low battery warning LED - these features
would be nice to retain, but I need a little help identifying the stuff
on the board.

Thanks.

Have you isolated and powered each power LED from a bench ps?

Replacing the LED chip fixed the intermittent fault, so that pretty much
eliminates the circuit on the PCB.

But While I'm working on it - I'd like to upgrade it with SMPSU technology.