Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Bizarre Electrical

On 11/04/2015 5:55 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I've read of livestock not drinking because they get shocked from
the waterers. Dairy cows have supposedly held milk due to the shock from
the milkers. Both of those were from bad or inadequate neutrals. The modern
code has all sort of neat stuff to prevent that. It must cost a bunch for
a modern barn.

Can happen (and does, of course) but so far not been an issue here...

A newer, larger operation, particularly dairy is indeed a
capital-intensive proposition. We run a stocker/feeder operation with a
small (400 head max) feedlot capability depending on the year market
outlook and availability of feed, grain, etc., while primarily a dryland
farming operation. With the high input cost of calves and the drought
we've experienced the last several years haven't had any winter wheat
sufficiently far along to pasture and hence no cattle...