Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Hot and cold fill washing machines

In message , Capitol
writes
Tim+ wrote:
wrote:

You
are regurgitating someone else's opinion as fact. Cold fill washing
machines only work properly with bio powders. Go away and do some
research. If I am prepared to pay for the product it should be readily
available, not all us want to use washboards!

The only time we've used a US washing machine it's performance was
very
unimpressive.

Date?

Was staying with relatives in Canada in 2011.

I was unimpressed with the washing performance of their washing machine,
compared to ours. Which was a top loading US style machine, presumably
the same sort of thing. Don't know the age of the machine though.

Back to the UK, why would a cold fill only machine only work well with
bio powders? I use both bio and non bio powders in ours and they both
work well.- They take cold water and heat it up, as opposed to using
some hot water as well and then heating that up.. True they heat the
water at a speed that enables the enzymes to work first (if it is a hot
wash program). But hot and cold fill machines will do the same thing,
it's just that they will use some hot water to raise the wash water
temp.

I would imagine that even H&C fill machines don't use hot water on the
cooler wash programs. Probably only using hot water to fill on the 60+
programs. But they will still start off cool and then heat up, mostly
using the hot fill water to raise the water temp higher later on in the
wash I expect.

--
Chris French