Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Very cool, but expensive...

On 11/3/2015 10:08 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 11/3/15 7:32 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/2/2015 6:38 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
High end owners are often willing to pay a lot to avoid such
things. My step-father did a lot of work for high end customers.
Amazing what they want and how much they will pay for it.

The name of the game. Not worth the hassle working for low end
customers.

Yep! As was brought up in another part of the interweps where you and
I both converse, I'm finding that I don't ever want to be the lowest
bidder, either.

Too many clients who hire the lowest bidder for price alone are never
satisfied and want to leave the game feeling like they stuck it to you.
Plus, when you bid a job too low it's way too tempting cut corners or
quality to try to get out with more profit.

The problem with the low bid is that the client still expects the high
bid results.