Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default summary for hf clamps

On 11/3/2015 12:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Greg Guarino wrote:
On 10/31/2015 1:39 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

sounds like the quick release bar clamps and the aluminum bar clamps
are the only ones worth it

My only experience with the HF aluminum bar clamps is in the store.
They seemed very flimsy.

I haven't bought any or even looked at any in the store in several years,
but the ones I own are as substantial as one could expect from a clamp of
this style. They have never failed me nor shown any signs of weakness or
poor design.

People here say that HF's products change from time to time. I haven't
been in there often enough to know. I am however confident that what I
saw there as recently as a couple of months ago was junk. I'm not
particularly a snob about using cheap stuff that works, but these really
didn't look or feel good.