Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Hot and cold fill washing machines

On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 18:57:48 -0000, "bm" wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message
About 3 months ago, her machine started to throw itself around the
kitchen. I guessed at falling off weights as it's a pig to remove it and
left it alone. Having listened to her noises getting louder, I decided to
take the easy way out and buy a new hot and cold fill machine. Sounds easy
but it has taken weeks to find a couple. Today for entertainment value I
decided to try the local retailers as a source. The first, a small local
man, told me they don't exist any more and he knows because the EU has
banned them. I quickly enlightened him that he is incompetent in my best
Victor Meldrew manner. The next call was Currys, who proudly announced
that they only sell cold fill machines as they are more efficient and that
mould growth in cold washing machines is a problem that customers can live
with. The third call was the local Argos, who very nicely checked with
their customer services that they did not for some reason sell hot and
cold fill machines. Before I go on line and buy the Statesman machine,
does anyone know if any of the major manufacturers offer such a machine? I
even idly considered rebuilding the 10 year old machine, before common
sense crept in! ie, new bearings,seals, springs and timer.

An automatic washing machine is a waste to my missus. She runs the hot tap
in the sink until its hot, opens the machine tap and closes the sink tap.
When it finishes filling she adds another load of hot water via the powder
draw. These modern machines attempt to wash in air only, almost.

That sounds almost as difficult as topping up your oil via the
dip-stick hole.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%