Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default summary for hf clamps

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 1:34:04 PM UTC-5, krw wrote:
On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 12:09:52 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Greg Guarino wrote:
On 10/31/2015 1:39 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

sounds like the quick release bar clamps and the aluminum bar clamps
are the only ones worth it

My only experience with the HF aluminum bar clamps is in the store.
They seemed very flimsy.

I haven't bought any or even looked at any in the store in several years,
but the ones I own are as substantial as one could expect from a clamp of
this style. They have never failed me nor shown any signs of weakness or
poor design.

A good number of the ones I bought about seven or eight years ago
broke. The ends are cast and *very* brittle. It's a PITA to have the
clamp break when the glue is wet (and it always is when the clamp
breaks).

And that surprises you?

Odds are that they won't break while being removed or while hanging on a hook.