Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Bizarre Electrical

On 11/03/2015 10:30 AM, Bob F wrote:

If the bare neutral shows voltage at the barn, check it's connections at/in the
house.

That would be the meter pole where the feeds to the
barn/feedlots/elevator and the house all diverge...I guess I didn't put
a meter on it but there's no tingle or any sptizen'/sparkzen' in all the
messing around I've done with it while hanging loose checking brightness
of connections, doing the bypass, etc., etc., etc., ... oh, altho that's
the feed end from the barn internals; all I did on the feed in the feed
panel was check the tightness; didn't actually pull that end free.

OK, I've got a plan now; gotta' meetin' in town now so will be this
afternoon when get back and can go finger it out.

Seems likely it was simply a brain cramp earlier and laying it out as so
often does makes it clearer...