Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Car Problems OT

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 17:29:44 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

wws wrote:
Is the hole in that valve as big as the heater hose ID ?
Try pulling the hose and starting it to check for flow.
Might try bypassing the valve any way - winter is almost here.
Hope your tests don't point to the pump.
ww

I hope not too , but if that's the problem I'll fix it . I have my doubts
, all indications are that there is some foreign matter blocking a passage
or fitting . The wife's assessment for today is "Better than it was but not
as hot as it should be." .

Greetings Terry,
You have probably checked this but maybe not. I had a Capri years ago
that started to have heating problems. I removed the thermostat and
found it did not close completely. The engine warmed up like normal
but when I turned on the heat the engine temp would gradually drop and
the warm air from the heater would get cooler. Does the 'stat in your
car close all the way?
Eric