Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Powered Computer Speakers - No Sound

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:47:15 -0600, wrote:

Anyhow, I'm a little concerned about using speakers that run off USB
power, and having my system crash because of high power requirements on
peak music output levels.

I don't think the system can crash because of too many USB or too much
USB usage. What would happen is that the USB device wouldn't work
properly, and when you unplugged something everything else would work
right again.

If you need more power than the computer will supply, get a powered
USB hub.** They're not expensive.

**That's what you have right now, just less power.

I bought my USB speakers for use with my laptop, but I'm having
trouble with the connectdions in the back of the desktop and until i
fix them, the USB speakers from Logitech work great. They're
discontinued however, and i don't know what they sell in their place.