Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ESA-SAFE inspection

On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 9:15:43 AM UTC-6, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Uncle Monster" wrote in message
I wish I could find the information on the square spring wing-nuts and the
warning about using them on stranded wire. I did find a video that has a

pair of goofy frakers made about my favorite connectors that I use in
light fixtures but they work for any electrical connections in a dry area.
^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsZQkA2Fh_A

It is going to be interisting in the next few yers to see how well those
connectors and another type called Wall Nuts hold up. It seems they just
rely on the friction on the connectors, just as the recepticls that have
the back stab type connections do.
The sockets seem to have gotten a bad reputation over the years. Maybe by
some inexpensive knock offs of the origional.

One thing I have mixed feelings about is the WAGOconnectors have a slot in
them. Good for checking voltage, but bad as something could get in that
slot and cause problems with a short.

I did see a vidio on using a lot of them in wire racks. With the type of
mounting, I did not see how the wires could be removed if needed without
lots of problems. Working at a company that used lots of instalations like
that makes me want a connector the wires can be removed and reconnected
without any problems.

I've used a lot of the push-in connectors made by different manufacturers and have never had a problem with them. I've had no problems out of the Wago Lever-nuts either. I started using them 10 years ago after the connectors had been around for a few years. Of course there are guys who don't understand the connectors and will cut them off rather than lift the lever and remove the wires. I used them in light fixtures because a small solid wire from the ballast can slip in one hole and the #14/#12 solid or stranded slips in the other hole with both holes accepting any sized wire within the designed range making a good connection. The lever operated connectors make replacement of a ballast a quick job because it can be done safely with the circuit energized especially for those not equipped with a fuse holder. ^__^

http://www.wago.us/wago/press/press-...etail-1122.jsp

[8~{} Uncle Wago Monster