Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Harris[_3_] James Harris[_3_] is offline

Default B&Q Trade account, SMS, and their advertising

On 01/11/2015 14:22, wrote:
On Sunday, 1 November 2015 14:16:58 UTC, James Harris wrote:
I don't mind them having my email address but I don't want to give them
my mobile number. Unfortunately they apparently insist on a mobile
number that they can send SMS text advertising to.

If they don't verify the number by requiring you to text back, try 07700 900000 to 900999 and see how long it takes them to notice.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tel...bers-for-drama

An interesting list but according to the sales assistant they do require
verification.

Advertising seems to be a big part of the B&Q Trade arrangement. If you
want to opt out of postal adverts you apparently cannot just say No or
tick a box online but need to write to them by post to "request" it.

James