Lizard Blizzard

Default Vampire Appliances

Jerry G. wrote:

[snip]

Infact, the old
1960's electric clocks with motors in them, required more current to operate
than today's modern LED and LCD clocks.

The quartz sweep second hand clocks run for a year off a single AA cell.
So no power at all needed from the wall outlet.

The earlier appliances when
operating required much more wattage to get the same job done, therefore,
you will not win with this situation.

One of the ladies at work replaced her old fridge with a new energy
efficient one. Her electric bill went down fifty dollars a month(!)

--
----------------(from OED Mini-Dictionary)-----------------
PUNCTUATION - Apostrophe

Confusions: it's = it is or it has (not 'belonging to it'); correct
uses are ~it's here~ (= it is here); ~it's gone~ (= it has gone);
but ~the dog wagged its tail~ (no apostrophe).
----------------(For the Apostrophe challenged)----------------
From a fully deputized officer of the Apostrophe Police!

Spammers use Weapons of Mass Distraction!

I bought some batteries, but they weren't included,
so I had to buy them again.
-- Steven Wright

FOR SALE: Nice parachute: never opened - used once.

(Problem) Evidence of leak on right main landing gear
(Solution) Evidence removed

"

"

..