Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Harris[_3_] James Harris[_3_] is offline

Default B&Q Trade account, SMS, and their advertising

On 01/11/2015 14:20, David Lang wrote:
On 01/11/2015 14:16, James Harris wrote:
I was looking to get a B&Q Trade account set up (for which I meet the
requirements) but the quid pro quo is that they want ways to 'inform me
of special offers' etc.

I don't mind them having my email address but I don't want to give them
my mobile number. Unfortunately they apparently insist on a mobile
number that they can send SMS text advertising to.

Anyone else had this issue with B&Q Trade accounts and, if it wasn't
acceptable to you either, what did you do to get round it?

Give them a dodgy mobile number, or the number of someone you don't like,

According to the sales assistant they require verification.

James