Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Car Problems OT

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 23:55:22 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 20:38:30 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 19:35:20 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 17:29:44 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

wws wrote:
Is the hole in that valve as big as the heater hose ID ?
Try pulling the hose and starting it to check for flow.
Might try bypassing the valve any way - winter is almost here.
Hope your tests don't point to the pump.
ww

I hope not too , but if that's the problem I'll fix it . I have my doubts
, all indications are that there is some foreign matter blocking a passage
or fitting . The wife's assessment for today is "Better than it was but not
as hot as it should be." .
As stated before, bypass the valve and see what happens. A bad pump
would almost certainly result in a very quick overheat incident. It
has every time it has happened to me. (twice on my own and 2 or 3
customer vehicles)

Hey, Mr. Toyota Service Manager, got any quick fixes for increasing
flow to the floor ducts in an '07 Tundra? It never has warmed my
tooties like I'd like during the winter. I run it split between the
face ducts and the floor ducts, but when it's really cold, even fully
set to the floor ducts, it just doesn't pump the air there. It
doesn't seem to be blowing out/leaking anywhere else. Even on HIGH,
it barely blows. Any ideas?

Another point - running full heat to the floor in cold snowy
conditions leads to rusting out around the windsheild. The heat
evaporates the water from the floor and it rises and condenses on the
cold metal of the roof, running down inside the "A" pillars, rusting
them out.

Interesting. Luckily, I live in a very snowy/cold area. We get about
1 foot per decade here. Rains are generally slow, quiet, and
gentle over a period of days instead of hours, so we don't flood much.
We're 3.66" below normal for this calendar year, putting us a lot less
in drought conditions than California. I'm still sore over seeing all
those orchards dead and gone. There are at least a dozen, probably
totaling 1000 acres, visible on I5 south between the CA/OR border and
the Bay Area. Shasta Lake looks about 90' low. But CA still grows
rice, requiring massive amounts of water. I just don't get it.
Farkin' politics.

--
I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during
my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.

Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ