John Gill

Default AOC 7vlr excessive HV

"Mike" wrote in message ...
it doesnt make since. thats why im asking.

The sets that I have had that were arching in the CRT socket had problems
in the high-voltage transformer (flyback) allowing the high-voltage to
reach the focus pins. I had measured about 20KV at the focus pins (set
running) when it should have been in the range of 6 to 8 KV. Have you measured
the voltage on the focus pins ?
It is possible that the high-voltage is getting to the G1 (screen) pot
on the flyback, causing the screen voltage to be way too high. It should
be in the range of 400 to 600 volts (measured with a 100 to 1 probe). The
screen voltage is very high impedence and is usually over-loaded by the
regular meter (regular meter might read about 200-300 volts).
Hope this helps...
John