Fred Bloggs

Default Hotpoint freezer fault?

Terry Pinnell wrote:
Fred Bloggs wrote:

I assume you are talking about a side-by-side? If you have an ice
machine in the freezer, be sure to turn this OFF until you return to
normal operation.

No, the 8571 is a combination unit with fridge on top and freezer
below. Probably obsolete by now; as mentioned, mine is at least 8
years old.

As you've probably seen, all is now well, thanks.

BTW, I don't think integrated ice-makers are found in the majority of
UK combination units.

Well- let's see if all is well- you have the means to make a scientific
determination. You will need a wattmeter and hour run meter. The steady
state run power should be something like 300W or less, and the long term
average duty will be below 30%. Check Bob Pease's site at NS for a great
wattmeter design:-)