Posted to alt.home.repair

Default VOIP OPINION

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 13:52:16 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 10/28/2015 11:57 AM, Eagle wrote:

I use verizon now, and am not happy about the cost. Internet, TV and
phone costs $220.00 per month, and That is just too much. Fiber optic
interenet access is good, but is it worth the expense?

I got tired of all the monthly fees.

I dropped DirecTV and put up an antenna. TV is now free. We don't miss
the 700 satellite channels, most of which were junk.

I dropped the DSL and landline.

I got 25 Mb/s Comcast service for $40 per month (plus taxes and fees)
and that includes basic SD cable and On-Demand for network shows and one
SD box. No DVR.

I got an Obihai 202 for VOIP service and ported my landline to RingTo.
$1 per month.

Our life is no worse. I can't watch my college football games at home
anymore, so I have to go to a local bar where the alumni meet to watch
the games. More fun anyway, if only the bar would learn how to pour
Guinness properly.

Ooma isn't a bad deal, but it's still expensive compared to other VOIP
providers.

How is it expensive?? I pay $4 per month for E911 service and
"access fees"