Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Digger[_4_] Digger[_4_] is offline

Default Old Sears 10" RAS

On 10/30/2015 12:35 PM, OFWW wrote:
On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 14:50:02 -0400, Digger
wrote:

"From my cold dead hands..." :-)

That one is a newer version than mine. Mine has a handle right behind
the knob, not the "T" in the arm like yours.

I can run an 8 foot dado on it much easier than my table saw, with a
whole lot less effort.

I like mine as well. Bought it used at pawn shop 9 years ago for $75.00
w/table and legs. Replaced carriage bearings, guide rails and table, now
extremely solid. Permanently drop mounted within a slippery 20' Masonite
topped bench (10' ea side of blade), much like a recessed chop saw.

I also use it more than my TS for Quick dadoes and long rabbits. Much
faster than setting up TS, jigs, giant sleds and/or changing router bits
....frees my router/TS for other uses. Once I setup a router or TS for a
particular function, I hate changing in and out again and having to
spend the added time re-adjusting to precise repeatability.

And yes, I would agree that proper pre-planing and logical workflow may
certainly reduce the number of changes necessary, but I'm not exactly
famous for sticking to my own storypoles either! I do woodworking for
fun not for a living and changes are inevitable. :-)

But, just my own personal preference and not necessarily applicable to
anyone else.

And now I shall simply duck under my desk and wait out the incoming flak!!!

:-)

--

Digger