Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compressor question, a bit off topic but shop related

Bob Gentry" wrote in message
.. .

It's about time to look for a new air compressor.

I've had a 20gal "portable" (interpret that as roll-around-tank-mounted)
for about 20 years and want
to stay with that configuration. (space limitations and useage almost
require that I stay with that
config.)

I think the field is narrowed down to two units. .

The Quincy 20gal horz., 2Hp single stage, 115VAC 19Amp, 7.5CFM @ 90 PSI.

and the

Ingersoll Rand 30gal horz., 2Hp single stage, 115VAC, 5.7CFM @ 90 PSI.

Any one have pro's or con's on these that would help me make a decision?

Thanks
rgentryatozdotnet

My Cambell Hausfeld roll around was 18 years old when I replaced the
compressor on it. Its still running all the other original hardware, and I
probably didn't need to replace the compressor. I just felt like it was
gettting "slow." It got used regularly in those 18 years, and some years it
got used almost industrially... well for its volume anyway. I had many a
day where I sat there and waited for it to catch up with me. Nailers, paint
guns, grinders, drills, impacts, sanders, etc. Its driven them all. I
still have it, but I finally put in a small shop compressor a while back so
it doesn't get used like it once did.