Posted to alt.home.repair

Default stupid electrical action

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:58:40 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/29/2015 11:07 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 21:47:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/29/2015 9:42 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 16:08:45 -0700 (PDT), Frank
wrote:

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 at 7:59:05 AM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 10/27/2015 02:47 PM,
wrote:
What is a pushbutton receptacle? Never heard of it/them! You should never pull a wire from any outlet, you pull the plug that the wires are attached to if you want to disconnect the electricity from an outlet.

I wondered too...possibly a GFI outlet ?

Thanks guys..as for what is a pushbutton receptacle....Its been around for years and used mostly on lamps. You either turn it off/on. There are also ones that have a small chain. If your still not familiar...google it.
That is a pushbutton SOCKET.

Clare, I'm glad that for once I can correct YOU.

The term you are seeking is "switch". As in,
push button SWITCH.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.
www.lds.org
.
.

No, on a lamp the pull chain, push button, or twist key IS the switch,
but it is part of the socket. The OP said ".Its been around for years
and used mostly on lamps" and he called it a "receptacle".

He's talking about the lamp socket or "socket lamp holder". Look at:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-P...-0PG/100357000

Push button refers to switch, which can be
within a receptacle/socket.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
. www.lds.org
.
.

Did you ever see one in a "receptacle" (not lamp socket) in a
lamp?????