Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Car Problems OT

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 09:33:14 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Hey at least it ain't politics !

Our '99 Toyota 4Runner has a heater problem that's driving me
(more) nuts . The heater apparently isn't getting enough coolant
flow , and isn't putting out enough heat . I've checked all the
hoses from the motor thru the valve and heater core and back to the
engine , hoses are OK and the core isn't plugged . I've also flushed
the entire system , all hoses and the core and associated plumbing .
After flushing it out it'll do OK for a short time then it's back to
not enough heat . Pertinent info - the water control valve is cable
operated from the dash along with the gating for airflow in the
heater box . I don't think there's a t-stat type device in there for
temp control , but if there is one and it's malfing that might
explain it . The coolant level is up , and circulating when observed
in the radiator .
This has really got me stumped , and the wife is getting pretty hot
herself about it - we're getting into the cold season here and she's
the main driver .

--
Snag

Does the radiator hose on the pump's suction side collapse at higher
engine speed?

Yeah, I guess if the rad was that badly blocked, it would impede the
flow through the core, too, wouldn't it? g

--
Sound character provides the power with which a person may ride
the emergencies of life instead of being overwhelmed by them.