Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Car Problems OT

Hey at least it ain't politics !

Our '99 Toyota 4Runner has a heater problem that's driving me (more) nuts
.. The heater apparently isn't getting enough coolant flow , and isn't
putting out enough heat . I've checked all the hoses from the motor thru the
valve and heater core and back to the engine , hoses are OK and the core
isn't plugged . I've also flushed the entire system , all hoses and the core
and associated plumbing . After flushing it out it'll do OK for a short time
then it's back to not enough heat . Pertinent info - the water control valve
is cable operated from the dash along with the gating for airflow in the
heater box . I don't think there's a t-stat type device in there for temp
control , but if there is one and it's malfing that might explain it . The
coolant level is up , and circulating when observed in the radiator .
This has really got me stumped , and the wife is getting pretty hot
herself about it - we're getting into the cold season here and she's the
main driver .

--
Snag