Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Population growth

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message
Funnily enough I heard it on LBC and a shorter version on their other
stations news.
Sounds like the indigenous population had better get their fingers out, or
maybe something else out....:-)

The facts are obvious from history of course. When infant mortality was
high, and there were no social services, people had to have more children
to maintain the population and to help as the older members got older.

It normally takes a couple of generations for the practice to slow down.
Unfortunately, many of the people in most developed countries are not
having enough children to maintain the population of tax payers to supprt
the next generation in tax paying. the solution is to import from cultures
and countries where the birth rate is still high.

I believe all this stuff from the Catholic Church about no birth control
was a thinly veiled attempt to get people with their views in the
majority.

Clearly isn't working in Italy.

Nothing new really.

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Apparently the ONC tells us that the population will increase by 10
million by 2035 as the direct and indirect results of immigration. The
report on the BBC website distorts the facts in several important ways.
If the matter makes to the broadcast BBC news please let me know. I
suspect that if it does it will be minimised.

Just seen it on Sky News. Quite a good report.

Bill