Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] RealPerson@none.com is offline

Default Powered Computer Speakers - No Sound

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015 21:42:13 -0400, wrote:

I should mention that these speakers always were staticy. When there was
no music playing, I always heard some static noise and even some popping
sound, which got annoying at times. Kind of makes me think a part was
failing. I'd suspect a bad capacitor more than anything, knowing the
problems caused by caps these days. And when it died, it killed both
channels too.

Remember the "J" of JBL.

So what brand is halfway decent? I know something like Bose is top pf
the line, but I'm not spending $100 to $250. I see a lot of Insignia,
Logitec, and Vibe on Ebay. I dont want another JBL considering how it
fried.

By the way, I found those non-powered mini speakers for my laptop. They
proved that my computer has sound. Pretty lousy sound from those
speakers though, but it beats no sound, till I buy something new.