Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Population growth

"Norman Wells" wrote in message
"RayL12" wrote in message
On 29/10/2015 9:06 PM, GB wrote:
On 29/10/2015 18:03, Adrian wrote:

And the Chinese population's dropped since 1979 has it? Oh, wait. It
hasn't. It's 40% higher than it was - in a country with net migration
of
1.5m annually...

Many countries have a very high young population. For example
Mozambique, where 45% of the population is under 15. There's population
growth built in in these countries even if they implemented radical
birth control policies.

So, the Chinese one child policy has been very effective, despite their
population growing. Their proportion under 15 is now just 16% (cf UK:
18%), which is why they have relaxed the policy.

http://kff.org/global-indicator/popu...-under-age-15/

I remember reading a report or, maybe I saw it on TV, that showed
changing conditions in the vitality and virility of sperm in men was
dependant upon their living standards.

Observations showed that men of communities of high stress and high
mortality produced more active sperm, while, men in areas of easy living
and contentment less so.

Ignoring all other factors of population influence, this would suggest
that population control is programmed within us.

Can you tell us just how many active sperm it takes to make a baby?

It seems that we are not alive unless we have a little stress?

10M extra people in Britain over the current 7xM? That means I may
notice an extra 0.14 people walking about? Lord help us!

They'll probably have to walk because of the 14% increase in traffic and
the consequent increase in congestion they'll cause on all modes of
transport.

Have fun explaining why those in HongKong don’t.