dgbear

Default Handspring Treo - How to remove the flip

Are you saying to 1st squeeze the hingle and then tap on it while
applying the squeeze ?

Are you suggesting I do this on the left or right hand hinge ?

Have you had experience in doing this with the Treo ?

Thanks in advance,

DG

"Asimov" wrote in message
"dgbear" bravely wrote to "All" (28 Sep 03 20:48:12)
--- on the heady topic of " Handspring Treo - How to remove the flip"

Sometimes a small sharp tap with a blunt non-scratching instrument will
do the trick. This very delicately applied brute force method is not
usually found in service manuals but is at times only hinted at.

dg From: "dgbear"

dg I've tried the squeeze trick... no luck.

dg "Ian Stirling" wrote in message
dg ...
dgbear wrote:
Does anyone know the best way to remove the flip ?

I have a 180 with a bad speaker (caused by a broken wire).

The hinge spring mechanism is on the right hand side... I have removed

the
top from the unit but don't see an easy way to remove the flip (top

dg portion
of the clam shell).

Any help is appreciated...

I have not seen this device, and this advice may break it.
However, often on this sort of thing, if you squeeze the edges of the

flip
to bend it into a bowed shape then you may disengage the hinge pins when

it's
bent enough.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian