Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Compressor question, a bit off topic but shop related

Bob Gentry wrote:
It's about time to look for a new air compressor.

I've had a 20gal "portable" (interpret that as
roll-around-tank-mounted) for about 20 years and want to stay with
that configuration. (space limitations and useage almost require that
I stay with that config.)

I think the field is narrowed down to two units. .

The Quincy 20gal horz., 2Hp single stage, 115VAC 19Amp, 7.5CFM @ 90
PSI.

and the

Ingersoll Rand 30gal horz., 2Hp single stage, 115VAC, 5.7CFM @ 90
PSI.

Any one have pro's or con's on these that would help me make a
decision?

Thanks rgentryatozdotnet

What make is the old one? Personally I'd hunt up a rebuild kit for it
than buy any of the current smaller units.

If you have to buy new I'd consider the Quincy first. IR has gone to the
dogs these days.

--
Steve W.