Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HF clamps and ryobi eybolt/wingnut driver

Leon wrote:
On 10/28/2015 3:59 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 10/27/2015 6:49 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
i am tempted by the sirens of cheapness at harbor freight so i may
buy a few the word online is that the ryobi eyebolt/wingnut driver
works on these clamps once you remove the crappy stock handle

anyone tried this out

If you are serious about woodworking and plan to use the clamps
often it is very likely that you will seldom use these clamps once
you replace them with better ones.

I have to admit that I have not really followed this thread, but
what I will say is that over time. the Harbor Freight clamps have
not received bad reviews by people here. Perhaps those were
different clamps than what are being referred to in this thread, and
that would be my bad, but as a whole as I've seen it, the HF clamps
have received pretty good reviews here. Not sure why you would talk
about them in terms of "better clamps".

I have some inexpensive clamps, I reach right over them when I want to
clamp something. I have about 20 Kbody style clamps, they are the
first off the clamp rack. After that I use my inexpensive clamps. I
think it is more of a matter of me liking a clamp with a big face.

Yeah - that makes a lot of sense. It's different from what you had posted
above, but it makes a lot of sense.

--

-Mike-