Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default HF clamps and ryobi eybolt/wingnut driver

On 10/28/2015 2:52 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 10:57:56 -0700, Gramps' shop wrote:

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 6:49:13 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
i am tempted by the sirens of cheapness at harbor freight so i may buy
a few the word online is that the ryobi eyebolt/wingnut driver works on
these clamps once you remove the crappy stock handle

I'll take a bit of a contrarian view. I have about a half dozen of the
12 inch clamps and they work fine for small tasks. They ratchet down
pretty tight. How can you go wrong for about $3 each on sale.

I've got a bunch of the HF bar clamps in lengths up to 30" They work
great as long as you're just gluing up and not trying to simultaneously
straighten warped wood :-).

IIRC, HF has 2 versions. One marked Pittsburg, which is what I have, and
another "brand" which seems to be the one generating most of the
complaints.

Strange enough, my wife has a long arm sewing machine and it came with 4
Pittsburg clamps and I was impressed, for sewing needs. ;~)