Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compressor question, a bit off topic but shop related

Bob Gentry wrote:

It's about time to look for a new air compressor.

I've had a 20gal "portable" (interpret that as roll-around-tank-mounted)
for about 20 years and want to stay with that configuration. (space
limitations and useage almost require that I stay with that config.)

I think the field is narrowed down to two units. .

The Quincy 20gal horz., 2Hp single stage, 115VAC 19Amp, 7.5CFM @ 90 PSI.

and the

Ingersoll Rand 30gal horz., 2Hp single stage, 115VAC, 5.7CFM @ 90 PSI.

Any one have pro's or con's on these that would help me make a decision?

Thanks
rgentryatozdotnet

A 115 V 19A compressor isn't as portable as you might think. It is going to
pop breakers most places you plug it in. Quincy is a good brand, I have one
here but it is a 230 V unit. Always go for more CFM!

Jon