Default Safety spectacles, why so difficult?

Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Change to contact lenses then you can use standard eye protectors.

... but I need *no* correction except for reading, most of my life is
still 'spectacle free'.

Then you don't need prescription specs. Wonder if anyone does 'reading
aid' safety specs?

Well I have prescription specs for reading which I tend to need when
I'm doing DIYish things like wiring and working on engines. That's
when/where I want safety glasses. I agree that 'off the shelf'
reading glasses which are also 'safety' glasses would do fine.

--
Chris Green )