techforce

Default AOC 7vlr excessive HV

That dont make sense. With those 2 Wires out, theres really not alot of
Voltage typicly on the other pins If I recall.

The R-G-B Drives are what? Maybe 60-80 VDC max, and DC usually does not arc
very often when its that low. Is there junk on the board you can clean? Else
I would Remove and Inspect the Socket for defects.

"Mike" wrote in message
news
well, what I meant was, there isnt any arching in the spark gaps. the
arching is inside the tube socket. at first, i sen the arching between the

2
focus leads.

If i pull out BOTH leads, and leave them apart from each other, then when

try to power it up, it will arch in the tube socket again, but this time
somewhere else between 2 or so pin connectors.

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
If you are getting arcing at the spark gaps with the tube socket pulled,
it may also be a short in the flyback causing the focus voltage to be
excessive, but not necessarily the HV.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Home Page:

http://www.repairfaq.org/
| Mirror Site Info:

http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Important: The email address in this message header may no longer work.

contact me, please use the Feedback Form at repairfaq.org. Thanks.

"Mike" writes:

I have this monitor, and when you power it on, it will degauss.

The HV will kick up, and a loud snap is heard and it is shut down. the

HV
sounded kinda strong in the first place.

after close examination, it was arching in the tube socked. I pulled

the
tube socket and tried it again. and i could see the internal spark

between
where the 2 focus leads go into the socket. I pull one of them and

tried
again, this time I seen an arc with the same magnitude somewhere else

in
the
tube socket.

Sounds as if the HV is going exessive and shutting down.

In other words, im guessing the safty hold-down capacitors.

Any ideas?