Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_20_] Frank[_20_] is offline

Default stupid electrical action

I was in the process of trying out some pushbutton receptacles to my floor lamp light section, always making sure pulling out the wire from the wall outlet before doing this when i attach the 2 wires to it. I must have tried this at least a half dozen times, always making sure about the wire plug. Finally, at the last attempt, i got the proper fit and added the bulb, turn the little switch on the wire to test if the connections worked. It did, and then to my surprise, I noticed that last time I did not bother to ever remove that wire from the outlet. I thought, how come I did not get electrocuted or at the least some shocked?