Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Ping jloomis - Patio Build

http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

That's quite a project. Neat and nice overall design. Good job.

I like that old tree, off to the side. The homeowners should try to highlight that tree (I'm thinking they have considered that). It's a nice natural feature for that whole scenario. My thoughts: It has lasted the test of time, for a California site.... I'm thinking landslides survival, though it may not be in a vunerable area. I like unusual trees as that.

Reminds me, somewhat, of a 60's era mindset/comment(?): Outdoors is In. Indoors is Out.

The patio benches: Rather than straight backrest rails, both upper and lower are curved. Curved are more appealing, +1. Expanding on that, similarly curved vertical slats might look nice, also.... this small seat came to mind -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...in/photostream

Sonny