Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 12:14:39 AM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 10/26/2015 10:34 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
You're correct of course but I seem to recall a small L stamped on the lug nuts. Anyway that funky monster was powered by a slant 6 and had a push button automatic.

Ah, the pushbutton Torqueflite. My Plymouth had one of those but I
transplanted a manual tranny. Of course, that required fabricating a
hydraulic clutch actuator and building a new drive shaft. I thought the
project was through until a state trooper busted my for no emergency
brake. The Torquflite had a drum brake on the tail shaft. That meant
another trip to the junkyard to get a rear axle and fabricating yet
another actuator. The car was a bit of a Frankenstein by the time I got
through with it.

That was the cool thing about the old Mopars, you could swap parts around on them from one vehicle to another and parts over a period of years could be bolted in to upgrade an older vehicle. I had a load of fun mixing and matching parts on the cars we had. On the family farm we could have all sorts of disassembled vehicles and tractors laying around with no neighbors next door to complain about it. I kind of miss those days. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Mopar Monster