Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Roof replacement in Calif

"doug" wrote in message
On 10/26/2015 07:34 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Existing roof is 1500 sf including attached garage, common L-shape.
Current
roof is wood shake and need replacing. I got a quote, standard middle of
the road asphalt re-roof, decent but not top dollar -- $15K. I nearly
dropped by Pepsi. Will call others this week for estimates.

I had mine done last summer. It was $100/sf to tear off the old, $110/sf
for shingles (mid-grade) and another $100/sf to install...so here your new
roof would cost $4650.

I didn't need any new plywood roof decking but that had a fixed price of
$100/sf as well.

I think you are mixing up square feet and squares which is 100 square feet.

I did not need any wood for the roof, but was told 3 sheets would be free
and so much for each extra. I did have a good grade of shingles and a
couple hundred more for a beter underlaying. All so a ridge vent was
installed.
Roof is covered for 50 years and 15 years at up to 130 mph wind.
Should not see that kind of wind unless a toranado comes up as I am about
200 miles from the east coast.