Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Credit where due

On 10/26/2015 02:13 PM, Don Y wrote:
X that to *two* boxes of "must keeps").

snipped but read

There are 10 computers in my little office but 6 of them "share"
the 7 displays (each display has an A/B selector switch so I
put one computer on the A input and another on the B input; push
a button to toggle between computers instead of having to add displays
or move cables). The other 4 machines are run headless and accessed
via telnet or via X servers. Less hassle than trying to cram all of
the functionality embodied in those 10 machines onto a fewer number
of machines (and less hassle when time comes to update one of them
and move all that software!)

I really did have to get a lot of the stuff out of the house.

I had it stashed in the basement and attic. As long as it was not in the
house proper, my wife did not complain...but it was getting too
cluttered even for me.

Also got rid of a few console radios...but still have plenty left.

One of the machines I had at one time in addition to the Zenith Data
Systems 286 I had a Z.D.S 386 with a 150 meg MFM hard drive.

I bet it cost a fortune