Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default 14,972 Lbs

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 15:23:16 -0400, FrozenNorth
wrote:

"A standard gray 8-inch-by-8-inch-by-16-inch cinder block weighs about
37 pounds." Back in the day, I could only carry four at a time. I was
a worn out young man by days end

Got a wheel barrow, or garden cart, we aren't as young as we used to be.

Hard to roll a cart or wheel barrow up each flight of stairs as you
work on a 4-5 story building being built. I carried four blocks up and
the other laziest carried two. Sat down with the boss late in the
project and told him why I quit. He was upset I was leaving. Heck, he
could have used mechanical means to lift the blocks. Working on
ground level is rather easy.