Posted to alt.home.repair
Snag's Shop[_2_] Snag's Shop[_2_] is offline

Default 14,972 Lbs

"Oren" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 13:09:42 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:23:07 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

That's the calculated weight of the load of block I just had
delivered at 38 lbs per . What in hell have I gotten myelf into !?!

Work

How many bags of cement, rebar, gloves, tools?

I had 3 bags of typw S delivered , should be enough to know how much more
I'll need . Also got 10 pieces of #3 rebar , that should be enough . I'll
be
picking up a bigger trowel , stuff to make a mortar board , odds and ends
.
I\ve done a little brick work , this is my first rodeo with blocks . One
thing I've already figured out , my mortar is going to have to be pretty
stiff and I'm going to have to figure out some removeable spacers to keep
the blocks from settling as the mortar sets up . That first course has
*GOT*
to be right or everything above will be crap .

Yep. the corners (square) and first course are critical. Usually set
up a day or so ahead before you continue up. Don't forget a mason's
line, chalk line, mason's hammer, etc.

Tips for your rodeo:

http://www.masonryforlife.com/HowToBasics.htm

Excellent link , thank you .