Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

On Monday, October 26, 2015 at 8:56:48 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

One last thing. Are you on SW's mailing list? I get adds a few times a
month listing sales. They very often offer 30~40% off of paints and 30%
off of painting supplies. And just for joining the email list you get
an automatic 10% discount even when there is no sale.

I buy enough that I usually get between 20 - 30% off with no sale. It depends on what products I am buying. For "pro" accounts, they will give me special deals on certain products, and they also have "pro" only discounts. For example,I redeemed an email only coupon for a product that had to be charged to my account there (proof I was who I said I was) that gave me buy one get one free on enamels. Just so happened I was painting the house I had gutted and rebuilt, so I did that for all the cabinets in the kitchen and all door, trims and moldings.

That's OK. SW's normal prices are so high they can easily afford it. When they have a sale of a non branded product, they can price things really well, and when I have a project coming up I try to keep an eye out for their specials.
Last time I bought lacquer thinner for example, I bought their generic material
I like to call "gun wash" for about $8 in a five gallon container. Since I don't use that much anymore I have to be careful how much I buy as I don't like storing that really high VOC stuff with our huge fluctuations in heat. Out in my shed, I have had lacquer thinner blow the tops off the 5 gal containers and the remaining material is ruined. Not to mention how dangerous that stuff is.

Robert