Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default food safe instant glue?

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 7:08:01 PM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

There's a metal version meant to repair worn shafts. The local
bearing supply store has one displayed in their lobby but I don't
remember who makes them.
-jsw

http://www.skf.com/us/products/vehic...its/index.html

http://www.timken.com/en-us/products...disleeves.aspx

http://daemar.com/shaft_repair_sleeves_17.html

If you split it with a Dremel it should slide onto the shaft.

If that solves the problem do I get (would I want?) a free sample of
the product?
-jsw

Those are a good idea, but all are too big - this shaft is less that a quarter inch. But, I think I'll drill the hole round, insert an aluminum plug, redrill the hole to proper size and then split it with a slitting saw. That ought to make a "good as new" repair. If I had a tig welder, I could just fill the hole... Yet another excuse to spend some money. But, I ought to be able to get this done under a half-hour.

I doubt you'd want anything from here. All they make is generic antibiotics.. Though, from the moment I walked in over a year ago, I thought this would make a great location for a remake of Breaking Bad Supersized. Stuff comes out of here in quantities of millions per day. Pretty cool stuff.