Thias Russell

Default Viewsonic E70 monitor cannot switch on What is the likely cause and how to repair it

Hello Steve

First of all it is normally the power supply that is faulty when there is no
led on. So in that case it could be faulty cap. faulty swich transistor and
so on.

I have a 40 page service manual as PDF file if you are interested.

If so please Email me at:

Best regards Thias Russell

"Steve" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
I have a old Viewsonic E70 CRT monitor(about 3 years old)whose
warranty has already expired. I can't swtich it on. That is no LED
light at all/no sound at all. What could be the problem and how to
troubleshoot it?
How to repair or correct the problem?I have no experience at repairing
monitors but is keen to learn and get it repaired myself.
I only have a multimeter at hand and some electronics knowledge and
yes I do know the dangers of high voltage in the capacitors CRT tube
etc.
I do not have the circuit schematics of the E70 monitor.Does anyone
have one?
The fuse is definitely OK, I checked. I did look up
http://www.repairfaq.org for help.
It should be a simple problem what would be the likely cause for a
monitor to not start or no power at all?Any help would be much
appreciated. Could it be the on/off swtich cause I remembered I switch
it on and off a couple of times before it just went off and cannot be
turned on again.