Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On 10/26/2015 3:48 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Those. Back in the day when Mopar had a thing for left handed lugnuts
more than one stud got snapped off with the application of a breaker bar
and 4' of pipe. iirc, the rear brake drum was held on the axle by a
large left-handed nut too. Or maybe I'm just remembering the pain of
using a puller to get the drum assembly off the taper.

My family had a 63 Dodge with left handed lug

nuts on one side of the car. I don't recall
which side. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Right Monster

Easy enough to tell, they had a big L on the end
of the covered end, so you could tell. Some travel
trailers had em, also.

-
..
Christopher A. Young