Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Socket wrench sets: SAE or Metric?

On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 7:55:46 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 10/25/2015 12:47 PM, wrote:
If you are talking about the but on the main shaft of the transmission
(where the clutch bolts on) you need to remember it is left hand
thread;-)

Those. Back in the day when Mopar had a thing for left handed lugnuts
more than one stud got snapped off with the application of a breaker bar
and 4' of pipe. iirc, the rear brake drum was held on the axle by a
large left-handed nut too. Or maybe I'm just remembering the pain of
using a puller to get the drum assembly off the taper.

My family had a 63 Dodge with left handed lug nuts on one side of the car. I don't recall which side. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Right Monster