Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Credit where due

Don Y wrote:
On 10/25/2015 8:27 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 7:29:27 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:
On 10/25/2015 4:58 PM, philo wrote:
I suppose I could also buy a spare...I pretty much have a
spare...everything.

Must have at least 20 computers in the house and boxes of spare parts.

Old computers still retain functionality. An old modem may be a
doorstop
once your ISP "moves on". I have several pricey ( $1K) dialup modems --
e.g., Telebit 8840's -- that are *barely* useful as doorstops!

http://hancomputer.com/media/product/2a/telebit-fastblazer-8840-f9.jpg

Well ASOK, you might find a collector who'd love to have that old
modem by
listing it on eBay. Or you can get this for your collection. ^__^

I kept a pair of them for a leased-line application I built for
a client many years ago. They'll probably just end up in the
recycle pile (I don't like bothering with eBay selling).

E.g., I've also got an ASR-33 that needs a new home... more trouble
to crate than it would be worth to *sell*!

I still swing old bug on the air once in a while. Who could hear it's a
bug are far and in between and passing generation. 24K gold plated with
ruby jewel bearings. KB generated codes sound too mechanical, inhumane
sounding. I have J38 hand key and iambic paddle as well. Good finger
exercise devices.